Non-NHS Services

Letter and Reports

Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore require charges. Examples include the following:

  • Medicals driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
  • Insurance claim forms

The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.

Housing Applications

The process of applying for local authority housing can be seen online online at

You do not need a doctor’s letter. You need to complete a self-assessment form which is only available online or directly from the council. A letter from your doctor will not help the process

If the council are unable to process your application and need further medical information, they will request your written consent and write directly to your doctor in confidence to provide the required medical information.