Suggestions & Complaints

We are continually looking to turn our patients’ feedback into real improvements in the services we provide. We use it to focus on the things that matter most to our patients, carers and their families. We would like to hear from you if you have a suggestion on how we can do things better to improve our patients’ experiences.

We’d also like to hear from you if you are pleased with the service you’ve received. We’ll let the staff involved know and share the good practice across our teams.

Please enter your details in the tab directly below.

Want to make a complaint?

Birley Health Centre - Complaints procedure

We endeavour to give patients the best possible service at all times however, there may be occasions when you feel you wish to express dissatisfaction. The purpose of this leaflet is to explain what to do if you have a complaint about the service the practice provides.


You can register a complaint directly with Birley Health Centre. We offer an in-house procedure to deal promptly with your concerns, in familiar surroundings.


This procedure does not handle matters of legal liability or compensation. It’s purpose is to provide the opportunity for investigating and if necessary correcting any problems that may have arisen or mistakes that have been made. This is called local resolution and it is hoped most complaints can be resolved in this way.


Please note we have a duty of confidentiality to all patients and written consent is required if a complaint is not made directly by a patient.


If you wish to make a complaint to Birley Health Centre please contact:


  • Mr S Fellowes, Practice Manager, Birley Health Centre by telephone 0114 2358038, in person, by email or letter.


The practice will aknowledge the complaint within 3 working days of receipt and decide how best to undertake the investigation. We aim to resolve the issues raised within 20 working days.


If you are not satisfied with the initial result of the complaint, you may be invited to attend a meeting which would be held at the practice, you may bring a friend, relative or someone you trust to respesent you. The aim is to resolve any concerns or disagreements fully.


Alternatively a complaint can be made directly to local integrated care board (ICB). Please note the same complaint should not be made to both organisations.



ICB Sheffield

722 Prince of Wales Road


S9 4EU

Tel: 0114 3051000



Using local resolution by either organisation does not effect your right to complain to the

Health Service Ombudsman who can review your case.


Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower



Tel: 0345 015 4033


NHS Complaints Advocacy offers lots of useful advice how to raise concerns and complaints. They can be contacted via their website or by telephone 0300 330 5454.


Sheffield Advocacy Hub can be contacted or by telephone 0800 035 0396.